Build shared knowledge and gain practical instructional strategies to help students succeed.
Landmark Outreach is offering a Mass Literacy Open Access Professional Learning (OAPL) approved course entitled, “Understanding Students with Dyslexia.”
- Eligible Mass. educators may take this course at no cost and will receive a $225 stipend upon verified completion
- Landmark faculty instructor
- Online course modules are self-paced within the course start and end dates
- 15 hours/PDPs awarded upon completion
Who is eligible?
- Teachers or administrators currently employed in a Massachusetts public school, charter school, or school district in a role that is directly related to literacy in grades preschool through three. (e.g., classroom teacher, ESL teacher, special educator, principal, literacy coach, special education coordinator, literacy coordinator)
- Higher education faculty or administrators employed at an approved educator preparation program, whose work relates to early literacy (for instance, faculty who teach literacy courses, deans in educator preparation programs)
Click on the course title for a course description
Understanding Students with Dyslexia
Dates: Wednesday, May 31, to Wednesday, June 28, 2023
After the course ends
- Once the course has concluded, Landmark Outreach staff will verify course completion and stipend eligibility.
- Educators who complete the course will receive certificates of completion for 15 hours/PDPs via email by July 31st.
- Educators who meet the stipend criteria will receive stipends via regular mail (please be sure you have entered the correct mailing address into the application). Stipends will be mailed by July 31st.
Course completion requirements
- Complete DESE’s Pre- and Post-Knowledge Assessment at the beginning and end of the course.
- Complete the course. Navigate through all Modules and complete all assignments within each module of the course.
- Receive a grade of 80% on all course quizzes.
- Receive an overall grade of 80% upon course completion. All assessments must be completed and factored into the final grade.
- I agree to complete all paperwork needed to receive a course stipend, including tax reporting documents.
Note: If you do not meet the above completion requirements, you will not receive a stipend or certificate of completion.
Still have questions?
Visit the Mass Literacy OAPL website and scroll to the Frequently Asked Questions about OAPL section.