Academic Skills for Students with Language-Based Learning Disabilities, Fall River – 12 – 15 Hours – Summer Online 2020
PD August 11th – 28th: You will have the opportunity to engage in up to 15 hours of Professional Development between Tuesday, August 11 and Friday, August 28 as follows:
Complete four, asynchronous, self-paced online course modules (8.5 PD hours):
- Overview of Language-Based Learning Disabilities: Presents an overview of language-based learning disabilities.
- Overview of Executive Function: Presents an overview of executive function and its importance for achieving academic proficiency, particularly for students with language-based learning disabilities.
- Overview of Study Skills: Provides an overview of study skills and its importance for developing strong executive function and overall academic achievement, particularly for students with language-based learning disabilities.
- Best Classroom Practices: Presents a variety of instructional strategies to support students with language-based learning disabilities and executive function deficits.
- Collaboration and Co-Teaching: Participants will watch a webinar on co-teaching and complete a short reading. NOTE: Although self-paced, please complete this prior to the second live Zoom, which starts at 9 a.m. on Thursday, August 27.
Live Zoom Meetings (3.5 PD hours): You do not need to have a Zoom account to participate. A link is provided in the navigation bar within the online course.
- Monday, August 24 from 9-10:30 a.m. The agenda for this meeting will focus on introductions and applying information/strategies from the course modules to your role.
- Thursday, August 27 from 9-11 a.m. The agenda for this meeting will focus on co-teaching, as well as using information/strategies from the course modules for your lesson planning. Please watch the co-teaching webinar prior to this live Zoom.
Optional Assignments (3 PD hours): If you’d like to receive 15 PDPs, please complete the optional assignments within the online course. These are due by midnight, Friday, August 28.
All necessary materials will be shared electronically.
|12 - 15 Hours. Certificate of completion provided by your district.
|August 11-28, 2020
"I really enjoyed the online experience, especially since I have young children at home and the online class provided me with flexibility."
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER