Study Skills: Strategies to Support Executive Function, Cathedral High – 10 Hours – Summer Online 2020
PD August 17th – September 2nd: You will have the opportunity to engage in 10 hours of Professional Development between Monday, August 17 and Wednesday, September 2nd as follows:
Complete three, asynchronous, self-paced online course modules (6 PD hours):
- Materials Management: This module outlines how materials management skills help students improve their ability to successfully complete tasks.
- Time Management: This module addresses the importance of time management as an essential skill for achieving goals.
- Note-Taking: This module outlines the importance of note-taking as an active reading strategy that can help students engage with a text or lecture and effectively manage information.
Live Zoom Meetings (4 PD hours): You do not need to have a Zoom account to participate. A link is provided in the navigation bar within the online course.
- Monday, August 17 (9 to 10:30 a.m., 1.5 hours) The agenda for this meeting will focus on an overview of study skills and its importance for developing strong executive function and overall academic achievement, particularly for students with language-based learning disabilities.
- Wednesday, September 2 (1:30 to 4 p.m., 2.5 hours) The agenda for this meeting will focus on using information/strategies from the course modules to prepare for the school year and for your lesson planning.
All necessary materials will be shared electronically.
|10 Hours. Certificate of completion provided by your district.
|August 17-September 2, 2020
“I've already used some of the activities and worksheets in my own classroom! This course was definitely my favorite one to take so far. I felt that I had a great background knowledge of study skills, but the course help to enhance them and give me new ideas!”
Skills and Academic Support Teacher